In order to translate the plugin using Poedit you can use the .pot file in the wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-pdf-invoices/lang directory.
Translate Using POEdit
Prerequisites: Before you start translating, you must have the following:
- .POT file – you generated it before
- A free version of POEdit software.
You need to use POEdit to open the .POT file to create .po(Portable Object) file and transform it into .mo(Machine Object) files.
Here, .POT is the file created when you translate your POT file to a particular language. For example, fr_FR.po.
.MO is the file that the machine can read, it’s a binary file. You’ll have to convert your .po file to .mo file. For example, fr_FR.mo.
- Open POEdit → File → New
- Choose the language you need to translate your theme into.
- Click on “Update from POT”.
- Save the file as it suggests to you (the language code; for example fr_FR.po, es_ES.po). Find your language code here.
- Open the POT file that you created before.
- Start translating strings using POEdit.
- Once you are done with the translation, click File -> Save.
- Create the .mo file by going to File -> Compile to MO.
- Move both .po file and .mo files to languages folder in (e.g: wp-content/languages/plugins/). If this directory does not exist just create it manually.
Now you can see the translated strings on your site.